Texas Seeks To Stop Doctors From Talking About Abortion
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) effectively defunded his state’s Planned Parenthood earlier this year by barring it and any other “abortion affiliates” from receiving funds under the Texas Women’s Health Program (TWHP). The government eventually cut off the program for not complying with the law, but Perry insisted he’d continue it — but on his own terms.
It turns out those terms mean blocking funding for anyone who even talks about abortion.
In a letter explaining the Texas Department of Health and Human Services’s proposed new rules, they have expanded their ban from “affiliates” (abortion providers or clinics attached to abortion providers) to “promoters” and those who affiliate with “promoters.”..
Banning “promotion” effectively means banning any women’s health care provider who mentions the word abortion or has informational material about how a woman might be able to seek out the procedure. Banning those who affiliate with someone who promotes abortion even further broadens the number of facilities that will not be able to recieve state funds.
This is outrageous! Women of Texas, take note.
- waterdripsthroughstonexx reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- hcshannon likes this
- patouria reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- ipsens-heritage reblogged this from partysoft
- awkwardfrog reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- fruitlets reblogged this from partysoft and added:
- panicinthestudio likes this
- cannelledusoleil reblogged this from alyshabee
- cannelledusoleil likes this
- aishimeforlife reblogged this from fuckyeahplannedparenthood
- aishimeforlife likes this
- nonfinity likes this
- alyshabee reblogged this from bibliofeminista and added:
- outfitappropriate reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- alliraptor reblogged this from fuckyeahplannedparenthood
- jhermann likes this
- partysoft reblogged this from vomohiper
- fuckyeahplannedparenthood reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- vomohiper reblogged this from bibliofeminista
- bibliofeminista posted this